Promotion of self-employment
HAMI plays a significant and meaningful role towards promoting self-employment of women by the following ways
Training & Skill Development
HAMI tries to recognize vulnerable women and provide them opportunities of self-employment to improve their social and economic status. They also cultivate he habit of thrift and credit among the poor women to improve their quality of life.
Legal Awareness and Property Rights
HAMI is working with women to generate awareness regarding their legal rights.
Fair trade is a relative term and is about giving vulnerable people power. HAMI help to cut down on the middlemen and ensure producers get a fair price for their work. They act as facilitators in this process.
Keeping in view of the present state of economic liberalization, HAMI is also involved in equipping self-employed women with information, knowledge, technology, training and managerial techniques.
HAMI and Women Empowerment
HAMI have been recognized as an effective strategy for the empowerment of women in rural as well as urban areas as they bring together women from all walks of life to fight for their cause. HAMI works on a variety of issues like health, nutrition, agriculture, forestry, income generation activities, seeking micro credit and so on.
Since the overall empowerment of women is vitally dependent on economic empowerment, HAMI is involved in the following activities to empower women:
- Educating and creating awareness among women especially the rural women;
- Supplements efforts of government in women empowerment;
- Promotes the use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for empowering women;
- Instils leadership qualities among women and ensures their participation in their empowerment.
- Represents the problems faced by rural women to the concerned authorities and carries out impact assessment of the policy decisions affecting women.
- Mobilizes optimum resources and plans and implements the projects that have bearing upon women empowerment.